Sunday 14 August 2011

A weekend in County Louth and Dublin


As we had bad weather for weeks now, I was really yearning for a weekend out. This time I went to  Carlingford in County Louth the north east coast of the Irish Republic, right up to the border of Northern Ireland. The weather was still not wonderful, but at least it did not rain.





It got late and I was looking out for a hotel for the night, but each hotel or bed and breakfast I contacted by phone, was booked out. I was very surprised as the hotel industry is always complaining that their business is getting bad. It can't be so bad, when they are booked out, though the weather is dreadful here. So I moved back towards Skerries in County Dublin, but I could not get accommodation there neither.






I ended up in the Holiday Inn, my  preferred hotel, where I stay most times when I am in Dublin. Their prices are reasonable and the rooms are clean and that is all  I need.

I love the sea and I can't get enough of it, so I drove along the coast through Dun Laoire, where a French festival took place. I actually did not see many french things. I got a nice necklace from an Irish stand, I had Curry Chicken from a Chinese stand and  had Pizza from an Italian, but never mind, it was a nice afternoon.




Though you are in the capitol city of Ireland, you have the opportunity to go swimming or walk on a beach as Dublin is next to the sea





The weather got even better than I thought and I could enjoy a few sunrays and warmth for a change.
Fotos by Margit Anna Binder