Friday 1 July 2011

The Tall Ship Race 2011 in Waterford



I was at the Tall Ship Festival on Friday 1. July and I was rather disappointed. There were not as many tall ships as I expected, I  saw maybe ten or twelve and a few small ones, but I did not come to see the small ones. There are lots of food stalls, but most of them offer only food and I find it very uncomfortable to eat and having nothing to drink with it. A stall's owner told me that they are not allowed to sell drink, which I found does not make sense. It was hard to walk through the crowds of people and lots of barrieres made it even harder to get through.


I had a few snacks, looked around and after 3 hours I had enough and went home.


What I really would love to see is when the ships leave together and when they are in full sail, but I will have to get up early to see that and I have to look for a good spot somewhere outside of Waterford City.


Fotos by Margit Anna Binder